These are just the noticeable ones 🙂 Imagine the little blessings I received numerously, that are too many too mention, and I can readily say 2013 was a really good year for me. 😉
- JAN. I lost Illium the Kindle last December 2012, but I found courage to buy the same model (Kindle 3G) and color, naming it Illium II. *fist pump*
- Best Friend with Benefits (BFB) gifted me a new bookshelf to house my read books (yes, I have a separate shelf for my TBR pile, so shush!).
- FEB. I got to treat my family to a summer outing. Yay!
- MAR. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in Tagaytay 🙂 Something laid-back, since we usually go out-of-town to celebrate.
- MAY. I was blessed enough to be sent to the United States for a week-long business trip. And I get to visit Barnes & Noble (it was so big, I was googly eyes over it!), so wow. And the food-tripping, man! Very enjoyable. =P
- JUN. Again, I was fortunate enough to be studying again, and as gruelling as it was for 5 months, it was worth it. Yeah, I did zero travel, but the sacrifice was worth it! I gained new knowledge (I hope I did), but most importantly, I gained new friends (Hello, group SPO!).
- JUN, JUL, OCT. For birthday celebrations, we went a bit grand than usual. We went to a dinner buffet each time, and even stayed for a night in one hotel for a staycation. Sweet, right?
- AUG. The most difficult part of the year was when we were flooded knee-deep inside our house 😦 It helped that no one was hurt, and little damage was done to our stuff. Just major, major house cleaning. It took us 2 weeks…!
- NOV. Macbook Air was my #1 wish list, and come November, it was granted by who else? BFB. Oh yeah. Say hello to Park, guys!
- DEC. My mom and dad are healthy, as in we did not visit the hospital even if they are in their 60’s already.
- Work proved very challenging, but I actually managed to rise up (and stomp my detractors to dust! Okay, that’s a joke. Heh.).
- My baby boy is growing up to be this smart, charming kid that I am amazed everyday that this little miracle is mine. 😀 Plus the coolest husband ever, BFB – you rock.
- Despite my busy schedule, I pushed to see my friends as much as I could. These people, who do not begrudge me of my brutal frankness, are still here for me. And I salute you! To my awesome friends (especially who gave me this birthday blog, I am not done thanking you yet, so just wait :)), you know who you are, I bet. Let’s stay awesome together, yes?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s time to take that leap.